Pip income and Council Tax Support — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Pip income and Council Tax Support

bash99 Member Posts: 11 Listener
edited April 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, i hope everyone is okay!
I have applied for council tax support, because I am no longer eligible for the single person discount because I have overnight care. I had a letter threw the post saying that I can't recive anything because I have a spare £250 (my motabilty payment) I do not receive this as it goes on the motabilty car. I called up and I explained that I don't have a spare £250 and it goes on the car etc...I was told that it doesn't matter, because its a lease I can cancel it so I can pay the full amount. Over the last year of having a motabilty car it has helped me so much! I have adaptations on the car, and I have alot of hospital appointments so It helps me alot. 
Is this true what I have been told? Do I really need to phone motabilty and tell them I need to cancel? 

Thank you ?



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.