vision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

vision

Options
cobs81
cobs81 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi all I have been recently diagnosed with cfs/me as I have all symptoms but o have been struggling to fine people with m.e that  have the same perment vision issues as me. But I have now talked to some one who had Eds and has the same problems as me so just wanted to no if this is common with Eds.  here is how I would explain my vision" (I have trouble focusing between far and close objects, also experiencing a kind of constant mild double vision as if my eyes aren't "synced", same for tracking and reading text. 
Rapid Movement on TV or screen makes me dizzy as well as subtitles.) just instead in any info that could help. 

steve 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cobs81 - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I have the hypermobile type of EDS, which is the most common type. Visual problems are not mentioned much in EDS other than myopia, which is common in the general population, & strabismus, where your eyes focus in different directions, which is more common in EDS than the general population.
    All I can suggest, when this is possible once more, is to see an optician to discuss your concerns.
    We have other members that have the same type of EDS as myself, so perhaps they may mention their personal experiences. I have done a lot of research about EDS, so I'm just saying what I have found. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.