Failed pip.assesment now benefit been stopped — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Failed pip.assesment now benefit been stopped

funkyunicorn76
funkyunicorn76 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Hi everyone hope you all managing as best as you can, im after some advice please i have been on PIP for about 2 years now and last year i was taken into hospital by ambulance as my back and hips got worse i i started being leaking urine i was in for a week they did an mri and said i had weak discs i also suffer from Fibromyalgia, ptsd, BPD and anxiety and depression so once i i w out of hospital i applied for mobility side of pip to see if i could get extra money to help getting around prices of taxis and bus fares etc...so fast forward to now i was due a face to face assessment but couldnt do because of corona so had an assessment over phone this was about 3 weeks ago ,i woke to a text this morning saying my pip has been stopped and i wont be getting my severe disability premium plus my esa has reduced by about 150 pounds , i phoned them to confirm this and yes it is true i wont find out why till the letter comes through, im so confused right now and worrying how im going to afford to live, why stop it altogether, please advice what i do now ??

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,607 Disability Gamechanger
    As soon as you get the decision in writing you need to get back to them and ask for an MR (mandatory reconsideration), another DWP DM will then look at the claim, you should look at where you didnt score points but think you should have, if this fails to change the decision then you will have to appeal, that can take some time and you should perhaps start now looking round for advice and help with that.
    Has your ESA reduced by £150 a week or month?
    If at any point in all this you need further help just come back and ask.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.