Video Games - Page 18 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Video Games

Options

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,625 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I get what you mean, it's sometimes good to enjoy shooters but without having the gore and violence that can come with them. I've never really gotten into the COD games, they seem to come out way too often
    They come out every year just before xmas...  Makes an ideal gift for someone that's impossible to buy for!  :D

I like the online multiplayer as it's just 10-20 minutes a game as and when you like.  There's no 'end' to aim for, can't get 'stuck' anywhere unable to make progress and there's no consequences of a bad game. 

The CoD games also use a very steady camera so it doesn't trigger my vertigo like others.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's good, I'm glad you enjoy them @OverlyAnxious, have you played Warzone?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Penybont
    Penybont Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    Options
    Penybont said:
    Hi,

xbox gamer here mostly play  single player RPG’S sometimes mmorpg like eso, Neverwinter and Star Trek online. 
    Sounds good, do you have the next gen Xbox?
    Yes was one of the lucky ones got it release day
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Penybont said:
    Penybont said:
    Hi,

xbox gamer here mostly play  single player RPG’S sometimes mmorpg like eso, Neverwinter and Star Trek online. 
    Awesome, I bet that's fun

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,625 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's good, I'm glad you enjoy them @OverlyAnxious, have you played Warzone?
    I tried Warzone when it first started but didn't like it.  I don't have anyone to play in a party with and it doesn't really work with randoms like the online multi does.
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm playing an early PS4 Assassins creed game on my PS5 and the quality is much better than it was when I first played it on PS4. The controls are a bit 'clunky' but the PS5 controller brings out the best in everything the game has to offer and the console also plays it using more FPS. This console is fantastic and I can't wait for more new PS5 games. It is easy to see the improvement in the games over the years. 
  • Penybont
    Penybont Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    Options
    Penybont said:
    Penybont said:
    Hi,

Awesome, I bet that's fun
    Hell no. I order mine from GAME they opened up at 8 am for purchases then a hour later the closed the website down for maintenance.I waited until 1pm then went to bed got up around 6pm and to my amazement I was still able to purchase it. This was the 1st and last time I buy a console on launch day.
  • Dragonslayer
    Options
    I got my PS5 from game. One of the guys there took my phone number and rang me when they were coming in. I gave a £10 deposit and they held mine for 2 days for collection. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,697 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Congrats @Dragonslayer :smiley::smiley::smiley:

Edit: never mind I thought you’d just got it lol :D 
  • Dragonslayer
    Options
    I downloaded Guardians of the galaxy on ps5 and I'm finding it a good laugh and a great game with excellent graphics and music soundtrack. It's as good as the film was and makes me feel, like I am in it. I recommend it to all. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Good to hear you got your PS5 at last @Dragonslayer, how are you finding it? 

Also, thanks for the recommendation of GOTG. I've seen on the PS Store at the minute they have a big sale on games relating to Halloween, so scary or horror themed ones. I might have a gander later today at what's on sale.

• 66Mustang
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Bump!

Hi everyone, I have a question for the gamers. Didn’t think it warranted a new thread so asking here. Can’t remember if I asked in the past but don’t think I did. I am very forgetful though with things like this lol.

I currently have a desktop iMac which, since getting a Mac laptop, I only use for gaming in Windows. The computer runs games OK, but could be better. I have been offered £500 for the iMac and am wondering if I could get a PC with better specs for £500.

I am not looking at adding any extra money to the £500 so that is the budget. I already have a monitor and peripherals so only need a tower.

Here are the specs of the iMac:

Processor: 3.4 GHz i5 quad-core

Ram: 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4

Graphics: Radeon Pro 560 4GB

Storage: 256GB Flash SSD

So the question is, am I better off selling it and buying a PC for £500, or just keeping it?

Thanks!

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello all, hi @Dragonslayer, I'm late to the party but I'm an avid gamer too! One of the things I love about the community is that it brings together people of all ages, from all sorts of backgrounds.

I started out with the classic Tomb Raider on PC when I was very young, but I've been a PlayStation fan since :) I was incredibly lucky to bag a PS5 earlier this year in one of the drops on a large online retailer, and am very much enjoying it. 

@Adrian_Scope to answer your question, lots, everything from God of War 2 and Horizon Forbidden West, to Stray and Little Devil Inside. 
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @66Mustang

I have to be honest and say I'm not sure. You might struggle to buy a new machine that matches the specs you mentioned there, but you could look at pre-owned or refurbished ones? They often work as well as a new one with a vastly cheaper price.

• 66Mustang
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Thanks @Ross_Scope didn't actually consider a preowned machine so will look into that. I am a bit iffy with preowned stuff due to OCD but a computer tower should be OK after a clean as it's generally not really been touched, it just tends to sit there
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Yeah they are quite good @66Mustang, I've had a refurbished phone before and it worked just like new. My partner has a refurbished laptop which saved her a few hundred pounds and that works just like new as well.

• Autumn_Feeling
    Autumn_Feeling Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Options
    I’ve been a gamer since the early to mid 90s. The Sega Mega Drive 2 was my first proper console but I dabbled in the ZX Spectrum before that.

Played on both PlayStation and Xbox consoles over the years but I mostly stick to PS4 and PS5 these days. (No console wars here.) ? There’s also a Nintendo GameCube in storage.

I like most genres but really enjoy customisation in games. Also retro style games and open world exploration.

Today, I received my preorder for Chorus on PS5 which is a third person space shooter.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Good to hear you're in the PS5 gang @Autumn_Feeling, and well done for managing to get hold of one :) 

What are you playing on your PlayStation at the minute? WHat is your favourite game for customisation?

• Autumn_Feeling
    Autumn_Feeling Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Options
    Good to hear you're in the PS5 gang @Autumn_Feeling, and well done for managing to get hold of one :) 

What are you playing on your PlayStation at the minute? WHat is your favourite game for customisation?
    I was really fortunate to preorder the last one in the store and have it on release day. Don’t take it for granted how lucky that is. The stock shortage that’s still ongoing a year later is a shame. The PS5 has some good features.

Currently, I’m playing a few games: Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4), No Man’s Sky (PS5), GTA Trilogy The Definitive Edition (PS5) Observer: System Redux (PS5) and Chorus (PS5.) Sometimes I’ll dip into GTA Online and COD Cold War.

Do you play on PS4 or PS5?

In terms of customisation…. The Little Big Planet series is probably the best. It can be as simple or complex as you like.

Although I prefer character customisation. The WWE games have a deep ‘create a wrestler’ mode. I love making original characters from scratch and bringing them to life.

GTA Online was limited in the character customisation but Red Dead Online is better.

• Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @Autumn_Feeling

Some solid choices there, I've always loved the Little Big Planet series and still play it to this day, and I also have Sackboy the Big Adventure. I was lucky enough to get a PS5, so I've been on that for about a year or so now.

How have you been finding the GTA trilogy? I play GTA V online quite a bit but haven't got the new trilogy.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.