Video Games - Page 19 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Video Games

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Jack_Humphries_98
    Jack_Humphries_98 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm also a pretty avid gamer. I play all kinds of stuff but my main genres are JRPGs and Platformers.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jack_Humphries_98 great to have you join us :) What do you play on these days? And what game would you say first made you a gamer?

Mine was the classic, Tomb Raider 2
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Jack_Humphries_98
    Jack_Humphries_98 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi @Alex_Scope, I mainly play on PC these days though I pretty much play on every system. Also big on retro titles too. The game that got me into gaming was Spyro the Dragon on PS1. I was also and still am a huge Sonic and Pokemon fan growing up.
  • mia97
    mia97 Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Options
    PS4 - FIFA or World Tour Tennis
    I love sports! I can't focus for long periods of times, so games like this are great for me?
    However, I really enjoy watching others play the games, it's like watching a movie. I watch a few gaming YouTube channels, not too often though.
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Options
    At the moment I am playing a new game on PS5 By Ember Lab, a new company and it's first ever game. Zena Bridge of spirits. I thought at first it was a youngsters game and so avoided it for a while, but now after playing it, I like it. The graphics are brilliant and the play style is very good. I am impressed. I think they will go on to make some really good games on the strength of this one.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Jack_Humphries_98 I loved Spyro too, have you played the reignited trilogy? It reminded me just how tough the racing levels were!

@mia97 I share your love of sports, though I prefer watching them to playing them. I totally get what you mean about games being like movies, I've watched a few horror games I didn't want to play via youtube, like Last of Us :)

I've heard of Kena @Dragonslayer, I think it's up for an award this year, best indie game. I'm definitely tempted to play, the visuals look stunning.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• Autumn_Feeling
    Autumn_Feeling Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @Autumn_Feeling

Some solid choices there, I've always loved the Little Big Planet series and still play it to this day, and I also have Sackboy the Big Adventure. I was lucky enough to get a PS5, so I've been on that for about a year or so now.

How have you been finding the GTA trilogy? I play GTA V online quite a bit but haven't got the new trilogy.

There are good and bad things about the remastered trilogy.

It’s easy to get caught up in the nostalgia for the originals. Those games were a product of their time and built with old software for old hardware. 

I don’t want to compare the remasters to putting a new body on an old car. I’m not sure how to describe it.

The graphics upgrade works well in some places. The lighting and weather effects look amazing at certain times of the day and night.

I like the higher level of detail on the buildings but the character models and pedestrians seem less detailed, more vibrant and cartoonish. The originals had a charm that seems to have been lost. I don’t know... The original stories are intact though.

I also noticed that the bridge in the remastered version of GTA 3 isn’t completely destroyed like in the original. 

The GTA V control system is great. Vehicles are still easily damaged.

Overall, I guess that it takes a little while to adjust. The games are still a lot of fun though.

What kind of stuff did you like to make in the Little Big Planet series?
  • mia97
    mia97 Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Options
    @Jack_Humphries_98 I loved Spyro too, have you played the reignited trilogy? It reminded me just how tough the racing levels were!

@mia97 I share your love of sports, though I prefer watching them to playing them. I totally get what you mean about games being like movies, I've watched a few horror games I didn't want to play via youtube, like Last of Us :)

I've heard of Kena @Dragonslayer, I think it's up for an award this year, best indie game. I'm definitely tempted to play, the visuals look stunning.
    I agree, I much prefer playing sports in real life. I am a tennis player, I've played since I was 4 years old. I also enjoy the occasional football match, participating in sports is my way of relaxing.?
  • jascof
    jascof Community member Posts: 55 Connected
    Options
    why not set up games sales/swaps on here if allowed ???,they are so damm expensive new and if like mine once played they are sat in a cupboard unused lol ? xbox one user 
  • Danielle_2022
    Danielle_2022 Community member Posts: 266 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I love to game (mostly PS4 and Nintendo Switch) but I'm not the best at it because my coordination/speed isn't great. A personal favourite of mine is Detroit: Become Human. Apologies if it's been mentioned before! I like it a lot because not only is the story really thought-provoking, but you can also do a lot without the need to press multiple buttons at the same time, haha! Which, I suppose, starts a whole other discussion about accessibility.
    Community Volunteer Host (she/her) with a passion for writing and making the world a better place for disabled people to exist.
  • kloebear
    kloebear Community member Posts: 68 Connected
    Options
    The walking dead 
    Detroit become human 
    Hevy rain 
    The quarry 
    Until dawn 
    Beyond two sou
  • kloebear
    kloebear Community member Posts: 68 Connected
    Options
    kloebear said:
    The walking dead 
    Detroit become human 
    Hevy rain 
    The quarry 
    Until dawn 
    Beyond two sou
    Souls 
  • THE_DUDE
    THE_DUDE Community member Posts: 186 Pioneering
    Options
    Any ps5 ea fc 24 players. I play online and offline. 

I download other games with my yearly pass but always go back to the football.

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,241 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey @THE_DUDE This is a pretty old thread.  I'll start up a fresh gaming thread for us all in a bit.
     I'm a big gamer and get sad if I don't get to chat about what I'm playing. ;) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • THE_DUDE
    THE_DUDE Community member Posts: 186 Pioneering
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.