Should he get UC and LCWRA at the same time? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should he get UC and LCWRA at the same time?

Kitty1898
Kitty1898 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi,
I'm in a state of mild panic and confusion. My son who is 21 gets PIPs enhanced and enhanced and last year (he was brain damaged at birth) I applied for UC for him which he was awarded £251.77 pcm - we then applied for LCWRA and got £336.20 pcm after the first 14 weeks. 
This morning I had a message from UC saying to log in which I did - his UC has gone up by £91 as the government said it would due to the virus...  but then I started worrying, is it right that he gets both UC and LCWRA at the same time? Making a total of £587.  I'm worried sick that we'll have to pay the money back.  Does anyone know the answer? Is it ok he gets them both together?
I can't follow the information of the government website, just too confusing!
HELP Kitty
Tagged:

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hello @Kitty1898. I'm so sorry this has worried you. 

It is absolutely correct. His standard allowance is what anyone of his age would get from Universal Credit. The LCWRA is an extra award on top of this, because he has limited capability for work. He won't have to pay either of these back and his award sounds correct, so please don't worry.

The additional money they've given to UC claimants is for 12 months only. It equates to £20 per week (£86.67 a month) and then there was a small general increase to both elements on top of this. 
    After a year, the additional £86 is set to go back down to the usual amount.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Kitty1898
    Kitty1898 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you so much... 
     I can calm down now.  
    Stay well Kitty

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Kitty1898, great to have you with us. :)
    Scope

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Kitty1898 please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Kitty1898 - Welcome to the community from me too! Thank you for joining. I'm pleased Adrian has reassured you, & you can relax again. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.