Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

carer change again

pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Member Posts: 1,998 Disability Gamechanger
I`ve had to dismiss my care agency...there was quite a lot of trouble last week.
Carers had been to a household with covid and  refused to go again....afraid of bringing it to me and other clients.

2 of the staff resigned.........I have engaged another.

It was very worrying and upsetting too. Now both my carers only have me as their client.
This covid has a lot to answer for!

Pollsx

Replies

• April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 2,869 Member
    I’m sorry to read that. I work for a childcare provider and we have had similar issues. Some of our regular families have cancelled booked jobs at the last minute. I pray that this lockdown will be over soon. Can you talk to the manager of the company or not? Try explaining your concerns as clearly as possible. I hope that you can resolve things quickly too. 
  • AilsAils Member Posts: 2,268 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear of this @pollyanna1052.  The change of carers must have been really upsetting and worrying for you.  I hope that things settle down for you now and you are keeping safe and well.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Hart86Hart86 Member Posts: 394 Pioneering
    I’ve been wondering how people are coping with this. I’m really sorry it’s had such an impact on your care @pollyanna1052!!

i completely understand your carer’s nkt wanting to risk bringing it to other clients.

have you met your new carers now? Now are you getting on? It’s good they only have you on their books ❤️
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pollyanna1052, I imagine this has been a really worry for you. How are things going?
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Member Posts: 1,998 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry Chloe...only just seen your message.

I am really happy with Becky as my carer. She was with the agency I sacked, but had resigned.

She is a lovely person. She is going to uni in September...so I`ll need to find a replacement before then.

Difficult times to be advertising/interviewing.
  • Lou67Lou67 Member Posts: 865 Pioneering
    Hi @pollyanna1052. So glad your happy with your carer, hope you get someone just as nice when you need to get a new one, enjoy rest of your day😊
  • GrinchyGrinchy Member Posts: 318 Pioneering
    Hey @pollyanna1052, glad your happy with the carer, can't be fun going through a time of training another person to how you like things, good luck on finding a replacement
Sign in or join us to comment.