carer change again — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

carer change again

pollyanna1052
pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
I`ve had to dismiss my care agency...there was quite a lot of trouble last week.
Carers had been to a household with covid and  refused to go again....afraid of bringing it to me and other clients.

2 of the staff resigned.........I have engaged another.

It was very worrying and upsetting too. Now both my carers only have me as their client.
This covid has a lot to answer for!

Pollsx

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m sorry to read that. I work for a childcare provider and we have had similar issues. Some of our regular families have cancelled booked jobs at the last minute. I pray that this lockdown will be over soon. Can you talk to the manager of the company or not? Try explaining your concerns as clearly as possible. I hope that you can resolve things quickly too. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear of this @pollyanna1052.  The change of carers must have been really upsetting and worrying for you.  I hope that things settle down for you now and you are keeping safe and well.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pollyanna1052, I imagine this has been a really worry for you. How are things going?
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry Chloe...only just seen your message.

I am really happy with Becky as my carer. She was with the agency I sacked, but had resigned.

She is a lovely person. She is going to uni in September...so I`ll need to find a replacement before then.

Difficult times to be advertising/interviewing.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pollyanna1052. So glad your happy with your carer, hope you get someone just as nice when you need to get a new one, enjoy rest of your day?
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,841 Disability Gamechanger
    Hey @pollyanna1052, glad your happy with the carer, can't be fun going through a time of training another person to how you like things, good luck on finding a replacement

Brightness