The past attitudes — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The past attitudes

Harp
Harp Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
At 8 years old I went to away to a boarding school which was a special school for those with a speech and language problems in the 80s. 

Back then disabilities wasn't seen in the public.

Unfortunately recently I stop talked my to my parents as their attitudes towards me are stuck in the past.

I have tried talking to them and even suggestions mediation to have a fair platform for all but they didn't want that.

Yes it hurts but I figured my mental health have improved slightly since stop talking to my parents.

Have anyone else been through a similar thing and got any suggestions to help please?
https://www.facebook.com/1Voice.Vision.of.the.heart/
Everyone has the right to have a say in what ever method they use

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Harp how are you today? Do you have any other family (brothers/sisters etc) who could step into help?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Harp
    Harp Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Hi @woodbine

I am not too bad thanks, how are you?

I have 3 brothers & 1 sister but we never been a close knit family which I do wonder why.

I don't talk to my eldest bro cus his wife talks down to me and talk to me through someone else, she also teased me about my speech. I don't speak to my sister cus for her 2nd marriage she wanted me as bridesmaid until  she asked the sister in law I didn't like to be a bridesmaid to look after me. Not talked to my sister again.

My other 2 bothers don't keep in touch thou but I did try telling one how I was getting treated by parents . He said that's not happening.

I know my mum talked behind my back to the other and don't give the right info cus I caught her doing it a few times.

So no I haven't got no one else to help
    https://www.facebook.com/1Voice.Vision.of.the.heart/
    Everyone has the right to have a say in what ever method they use

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.