From DLA in definately to PIP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

From DLA in definately to PIP

2»

Comments

• suzannah17
    suzannah17 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    I don't want to be in this any more. My own family and friends have never disrespected me and called me names like Susanah18 did. I thought we were here for each other so how can I leave this app please
    I never called you a witch . The sentence was meant to say ‘witch, no wonder why’, and arrogant isn’t a hurtful name . I just didn’t like it that you had no consideration for myself not being able to mentally understand you and you brushed it of saying not my fault, well it’s not my fault I was born with health conditions I don’t want to be disabled. As for the crumbling spine and depression I’m 18 and had extremely severe anxiety and depression and psychotic episodes since 15, I have autism, severe level learning disabilities, global development delay, fibromyalgia, CFS/ME, osteoarthritis all over my body and scoliosis and degenerate spine all confirmed in black and white. I’ve been raised to respect my elders but you wouldn’t like it if I started saying I don’t care about your back or depression so don’t disregard my disability like it’s fine to. Sorry if I upset you but that’s the reason, you got no need to leave as you get very good advice on here I personally don’t want you to feel you have to leave - as no one should. I said sorry, just move on and forget about it I’ll be the bigger person. Just in future when you come across a person with such problems don’t speak to them like there stupid then say it’s not my fault .. good luck with your claim and hope you get some peace soon ❤️
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't want to be in this any more. My own family and friends have never disrespected me and called me names like Susanah18 did. I thought we were here for each other so how can I leave this app please
    If there is anything further we can do to support you then please do let us know. 

Please feel free to put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. 

If you still would like to remove your account then you can do so by emailing community@scope.org.uk.

Hope you both have a lovely evening.
    Scope

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @CarolAnn1953 - I just wanted to say that I've just seen this thread, & yes, Scope's online community is both friendly & supportive, & we do care about each other. Having joined, you are a most welcome member of this 'family.'
    Unfortunately the meaning of emails/texts can be mis-interpretated, which is not usually the intent. Misunderstandings rarely happen here. Please reconsider, & stay. Everyone is welcome, no matter what their disability, & the Scope team work rigorously to keep this a good & safe place to be. My best wishes. :)
  • CarolAnn1953
    CarolAnn1953 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Thankyou Chiarieds x
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,097 Disability Gamechanger
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    hi everyone, ive finally got through to the dwp after many days of trying by myself and my case worker :) the lady on the phone was a little abrupt but I kept myself calm!!! my pip claim has been passed to the assessors, she wouldn't say when this was passed to them, I am now just waiting for their decision, wish me luck please, hope you are all managing to stay safe as well as you possibly can, ill update as and when I hear anything.
  • CarolAnn1953
    CarolAnn1953 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    I sincerely hope all goes well for you. I am asking them to re consider my application for PIp (changing over from DLA in definately) as they haven't put the enhanced rate just the standard. It does take a good few weeks for your claim to be assessed but I wish you well and hope you get what you're entitled to. X
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    thank you thats very kind, i hope you get good news and that it doesnt take too long  :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.