Assessment/report back DWP already - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment/report back DWP already

Comments

• Brumboy68
    Brumboy68 Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
    Did you get report in the end.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,622 Disability Gamechanger
    No she didn’t send it, I got word back cpl weeks later only got 6 points for DL and 10 for standard mobility gutted as I had DL until February wen it ran out, Iv put in a mandatory reconsideration but don’t hold out much hope, probably be the long rd to appeal.
  • Brumboy68
    So you lost out thats really bad. I think it's luck of the draw. Depends on the assessor you get i think I'm on ESA right now and have been for many years when I go for my assessment I think it's every two years I can get a nice asseir who understands my condition or one who has no idea about uncontrolled epilepsy. The last assesment I had for esa the lady had a cousin who had a similar condition to mine. So we chatted about it and that was it. The whole thing lasted 15 minutes. I just got lucky. 
  • Lou67
    Oh I think your definitely right, im just hoping things can change and I will get my benefit back, but as I sd it could be a long fight lol 
  • Lou67
    I’m at least grateful I got something even though it was standard mobility, I’m hoping I can get that changed as amongst other ailments I’m waiting on 2 knee replacements so any kind of movement is a nightmare.
  • paulb123
    paulb123 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    @Lou67 that's what I got 10 for mobility and 6 for daily living but I appealed and the judge has made a provisional decision to give me the extre 2 points for daily living but ove been waiting a year and a half it's a nightmare 
  • Lou67
    Hi@paulb123 yes I saw your post the other day and I wished you well it gave me a bit of hope, so thank you. 
  • Brumboy68
    It's such a long drawn out process
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    edited May 2020
    @Lou67 If surgery is planned which might improve your condition it may be why they awarded standard as they think your condition will improve.
  • Lou67
    Hi@ Cressida, My surgery isn’t planned yet, I need to loose a bit of weight before I can get it, Iv put over 3 stone on in the past cpl of year, it’s really getting me down I used to never be off my feet now I’m hardly able to do much at all. Thanks take care.
  • Manc86
    Manc86 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    @Brumboy68 some of them can be rude on phone one had my partner in tears
  • Brumboy68
    Postman' arrived . Went to porch. Thought he hadn't been. Went to go shopping and their was a big brown envelope from Belfast. The hairs on my neck stood up. My kness trembled hands shook. Time to sit down, and I opened it, glasses on and reading began two points here two points here there even a kid could realise that the daily living could only reach six. To be expected so not surorised. Next mobility saw this gorgeously shaped tick in the fisrt question about planning a journey in the box F. A great big smile and relief overcame my body finally the enhanced mobility rate. So happy ijust hope the dwp man agrees. Must also admit that the assessor was spot on with her report . I criticized her  in an earlier post and I was completely wrong to do that and I also moaned about the length it might take about getting the medical report once again I was wrong. I shouldn't doubt people I guess. But I am so happy about the award about the award of 12 points they never change their mind do they.
  • Lou67
    Hi@ Brumboy68 Aww so happy for you what a relief ? yeah your right theyr not all bad lol so well done you can relax now.
  • dynasty30
    dynasty30 Community member Posts: 88 Courageous
    Great news !!!!
  • Lou67
    Hi @dynasty30 How are you has your good news sunk in yet ?
  • Brumboy68
    Let's all have a party lol we have gone through enough
  • Lou67
    Hi Brumboy68 Why not lol enjoy rest of your day I’m sure you will with your great news ?
  • paulb123
    paulb123 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    @Brumboy68 congrats mate I got mine the other day was yours a judges provision decision n just waiting on the dwp to agree n that they have 28 days 
  • Brumboy68
    No mine was a first application for pip made it on April 1
  • positivemama
    positivemama Community member Posts: 26 Courageous
    Brumboy68 how long did you wait for your decision after the assessment? 
    I'm on universal credit, am 15 weeks post assessment and still no word. Someone in my area waited 2 days !! 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.