Bus passes — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bus passes

Starlady
Starlady Community member Posts: 9 Listener
I have hydrocephalus and my previous doctor advised me not to drive I've just had my renewal letter as I was only issued one for a year.

They have refused to renew it as they want to a letter from my GP going into more depth what the condition is and why I cannot drive I moved in 2018 to a new practice in a different area.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi how are you today? The criteria for disabled bus passes vary from local PTE (passenger transport executive) to PTE, as an example I get a bus pass because I have epilepsy and it is against the law for me to drive. If you are just being advised not to drive you need to seek clarification. 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hi @Starlady. Will your new GP not issue you a letter? It would be worth asking them about whether they advise against driving and would write one for you if this is what's needed for a new bus pass.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.