Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Bus passes

StarladyStarlady Member Posts: 9 Listener
I have hydrocephalus and my previous doctor advised me not to drive I've just had my renewal letter as I was only issued one for a year.

They have refused to renew it as they want to a letter from my GP going into more depth what the condition is and why I cannot drive I moved in 2018 to a new practice in a different area.

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,008 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi how are you today? The criteria for disabled bus passes vary from local PTE (passenger transport executive) to PTE, as an example I get a bus pass because I have epilepsy and it is against the law for me to drive. If you are just being advised not to drive you need to seek clarification. 
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,951 Scope community team
    Hi @Starlady. Will your new GP not issue you a letter? It would be worth asking them about whether they advise against driving and would write one for you if this is what's needed for a new bus pass.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
Sign in or join us to comment.