PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Tribunal

knightieknightie Member Posts: 7 Connected
Hi there everyone,I’m new to this so I will be brief,I have been waiting just short of two years for a pip decision,Had a tribunal by phone with judge and two Drs,Due to the current situation,Anyway I received a letter from courts saying the decision was approved and I should get Standard daily living from the 26/06/2018,will I get this backdated and does anyone know how much I will get please,I’m useless at these things sorry,The DWP sent a letter a few days ago for bank details and if I have been in hospital,which I have in 2018 for 28 days will this affect anything,Thank you in advance everyone👍

Replies

• knightieknightie Member Posts: 7 Connected
    If anyone would like some advice as well,How the phone call tribunal went I’m more than happy to help,And it’s lovely to meet you all.
  • chiariedschiarieds Member Posts: 7,940 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @knightie - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I'm sorry to read you had such a long wait for your tribunal, but pleased you now have an award for the daily living component. Asking for bank details, hospital stays, etc. is standard procedure, & nothing to worry about. Normally PIP stops after you have been in hospital for 28+ days (then starts again when you come out), so hopefully this will not affect your payment. Yes, your money will be backdated. The amount for PIP awards goes up a little each April, & the standard rate for the daily living component is currently £59.70 per week (last year it was £58.70). Hope this helps, & congratulations! :)

Ok thank you for the reply,So I just times the amount by the number of weeks then from then till the tribunal?? 
  • chiariedschiarieds Member Posts: 7,940 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, & you're very welcome. :)
    Hi just a little update,I contacted Pip today about my award and when I will receive payments for PIP,I was told my case has now been sent to a case manager ? Is this the norm?? I’ve been waiting going on two years for this to be sorted I cannot wait or go through anymore of this,If it’s normal then ok,I received a letter asking for bank details,Which they have received back,Its been 2 weeks since Tribunal win,
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @knightie, yes this can happen as part of an auditing process. I really hope you don't have to wait much longer!
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
    Thank you for the reply 👍So it’s pretty normal then,When I rang they weren’t very helpful,Just said “It’s with a case manager just checking the dates” I’m just hoping it’s over now as this was one of the most stressful times of my life,And I’ve had a few 😂😂.Going of what everyone else has been saying it probably could still be a good few months away yet to be settled I think,Once again thanks for helping 👍
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,941 Disability Gamechanger
    Whether or not you get arrears will depend on whether you were a first time PIP claimant or a DLA to PIP conversion. 
    Yes this is my first time claiming Pip @mikehughescq Will I still get any help being first time thanks.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,941 Disability Gamechanger
    Arrears back to date of claim then. 
Sign in or join us to comment.