Tribunal

Options
knightie
knightie Community member Posts: 7 Connected
Hi there everyone,I’m new to this so I will be brief,I have been waiting just short of two years for a pip decision,Had a tribunal by phone with judge and two Drs,Due to the current situation,Anyway I received a letter from courts saying the decision was approved and I should get Standard daily living from the 26/06/2018,will I get this backdated and does anyone know how much I will get please,I’m useless at these things sorry,The DWP sent a letter a few days ago for bank details and if I have been in hospital,which I have in 2018 for 28 days will this affect anything,Thank you in advance everyone?

Comments

• knightie
    Options
    If anyone would like some advice as well,How the phone call tribunal went I’m more than happy to help,And it’s lovely to meet you all.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,200 Championing
    Options
    Hi @knightie - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I'm sorry to read you had such a long wait for your tribunal, but pleased you now have an award for the daily living component. Asking for bank details, hospital stays, etc. is standard procedure, & nothing to worry about. Normally PIP stops after you have been in hospital for 28+ days (then starts again when you come out), so hopefully this will not affect your payment. Yes, your money will be backdated. The amount for PIP awards goes up a little each April, & the standard rate for the daily living component is currently £59.70 per week (last year it was £58.70). Hope this helps, & congratulations! :)

• knightie
    Options
    Ok thank you for the reply,So I just times the amount by the number of weeks then from then till the tribunal?? 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,200 Championing
    Options
    Yes, & you're very welcome. :)
  • knightie
    Options
    Hi just a little update,I contacted Pip today about my award and when I will receive payments for PIP,I was told my case has now been sent to a case manager ? Is this the norm?? I’ve been waiting going on two years for this to be sorted I cannot wait or go through anymore of this,If it’s normal then ok,I received a letter asking for bank details,Which they have received back,Its been 2 weeks since Tribunal win,
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,581 Championing
    Options
    Hi @knightie, yes this can happen as part of an auditing process. I really hope you don't have to wait much longer!
    Scope

• knightie
    Options
    Thank you for the reply ?So it’s pretty normal then,When I rang they weren’t very helpful,Just said “It’s with a case manager just checking the dates” I’m just hoping it’s over now as this was one of the most stressful times of my life,And I’ve had a few ??.Going of what everyone else has been saying it probably could still be a good few months away yet to be settled I think,Once again thanks for helping ?
  • knightie
    Options
    Yes this is my first time claiming Pip @Username_removed Will I still get any help being first time thanks.