Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

knightie
knightie Community member Posts: 7 Connected
Hi there everyone,I’m new to this so I will be brief,I have been waiting just short of two years for a pip decision,Had a tribunal by phone with judge and two Drs,Due to the current situation,Anyway I received a letter from courts saying the decision was approved and I should get Standard daily living from the 26/06/2018,will I get this backdated and does anyone know how much I will get please,I’m useless at these things sorry,The DWP sent a letter a few days ago for bank details and if I have been in hospital,which I have in 2018 for 28 days will this affect anything,Thank you in advance everyone?

Comments

• knightie
    If anyone would like some advice as well,How the phone call tribunal went I’m more than happy to help,And it’s lovely to meet you all.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @knightie - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I'm sorry to read you had such a long wait for your tribunal, but pleased you now have an award for the daily living component. Asking for bank details, hospital stays, etc. is standard procedure, & nothing to worry about. Normally PIP stops after you have been in hospital for 28+ days (then starts again when you come out), so hopefully this will not affect your payment. Yes, your money will be backdated. The amount for PIP awards goes up a little each April, & the standard rate for the daily living component is currently £59.70 per week (last year it was £58.70). Hope this helps, & congratulations! :)

• knightie
    Ok thank you for the reply,So I just times the amount by the number of weeks then from then till the tribunal?? 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, & you're very welcome. :)
  • knightie
    Hi just a little update,I contacted Pip today about my award and when I will receive payments for PIP,I was told my case has now been sent to a case manager ? Is this the norm?? I’ve been waiting going on two years for this to be sorted I cannot wait or go through anymore of this,If it’s normal then ok,I received a letter asking for bank details,Which they have received back,Its been 2 weeks since Tribunal win,
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @knightie, yes this can happen as part of an auditing process. I really hope you don't have to wait much longer!
    Scope

• knightie
    Thank you for the reply ?So it’s pretty normal then,When I rang they weren’t very helpful,Just said “It’s with a case manager just checking the dates” I’m just hoping it’s over now as this was one of the most stressful times of my life,And I’ve had a few ??.Going of what everyone else has been saying it probably could still be a good few months away yet to be settled I think,Once again thanks for helping ?
  • knightie
    Yes this is my first time claiming Pip @Username_removed Will I still get any help being first time thanks.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.