New blog up now!!! Follow my education journey up to now — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New blog up now!!! Follow my education journey up to now

Options
girlinawheelchair
girlinawheelchair Community member Posts: 21 Courageous
My new post is now up and it's all about my experience in the education system as someone with a disability, hope you enjoy ?

https://girlwithwheels.wordpress.com/2020/05/17/my-education-journey-and-how-it-has-affected-me/

Comments

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,858 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Very interesting read, you have had challenges and come through them a stronger person, good for you, i wish you all the best 
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @girlinawheelchair. You could have been writing about my school days! I have spina bifida scoliosis and hydrocephalus. The main thing I have always faced is my disabilities are invisible which makes it hard for people to understand my limitations. When I was at school I really struggled with my school work due to my mental health problems and I was bullied and always last in to be picked for the sports team because my co-ordination isn't very good. The teacher would put me in a team and all the other kids in the team used to start moaning. When I was at school teaching assistants didn't exist so I was left to just get on with it and was way behind everyone else with my school work. I didn't really understand my disabilities when I was a child because my parents didn't talk about it and I always felt I was thick because I couldn't do things that the other children found really easy to do. When I left school I decided to and push myself academically and found someone to help me get through college. I then went to university but dropped out after a year because it was stressful. I then went back  to college to study art and decided to go back to university but dropped out again. I then went back to college. I have never been able to keep a job for long because of my mental health problems and the pressure that is put on me. I prefer working for myself so if I muck something up I have no-one to answer to. (sorry this message is so long).

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.