uni direct discrimination — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

uni direct discrimination

dean234
dean234 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi all my uni have done a clear case of discrimination where i was in an engineering group and i suffer from PTSD which makes my mind run super fast ...well to me it's normal if you get what i mean? its a weird one  and how i got booted from the group project for well being me ..i reported it to uni .they said to do it alone we agreed on a lighter workload as much as i did it , want to in fear of failing i did it . 
so i formally reported this to uni and they basically said humm serious accusations then covered it up no enquiry or anything.

present-day  the uni now come to me telling me i need to hand in a piece of work from that subject my tutor told me on the 5/5 that he decided that day id have to do it but then handed me a hand in date listed on 5/3/2020

i expressed to my engineering deen what's going on he seems like he is trying to hush everything over who can i go to im leaving this uni but wish to take action against them stop them doing this to anyone else and i will name the university if allowed lol .i really want them never to do this to another student with problems that they do not understand ever again.
the last college i got 8 distinctions due to support given by them so i know what they should be doing ..... oh yes this is with dsa in place.
and yup im the only student in the uk who did teams worth of work on their own full stop .......and got a 85 % per cent for it a good thing about PTSD brain never sleeps really bad thing all the side effects felling detached etc but when this happens you want to lock away again 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @dean234, does your university have a disabled students network at all? It might be worth getting in touch with them if they do. You could also contact NUS Disabled Students or call the Disabled Students Helpline (Tuesdays and Thursdays 11am - 1pm) on 0330 995 0414.
    Our disabled student adviser @melaniethorley might also have some more guidance for you.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.