PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I’ve been given a weeks notice for a Pip tribunal Phonecall

PML2020PML2020 Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello,

I received a letter yesterday saying that I have to have a phone call tribunal next Tuesday.

My in person court time was adjourned because I had a meltdown, it was adjourned until I had legal representation because of the mess I was in.

i don’t understand why they are making me do a phone call and I am in bits.

what can I expect? What happens if I get too nervous and have a panic attack again? 

They said it’s because the coronavirus that I have to do this via phone.

sorry if some of this doesn’t make sense but I need help. My legal representative can’t do phone calls. 

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,719 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome @PML2020, ATM they are only doing tele tribunals, it could be that you find it easier to deal with over the phone than in person?
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @PML2020 and a warm welcome to the community. I'm sorry this has made you really anxious. Are you currently in lockdown with anyone else? It might help to have someone with you who can explain things if it gets too much. 

Please do let us know how you get on and if we can do anything else to help.
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,118 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome as advised phone tribunals are the only ones taking place at the moment.

Maybe you would find it easier over the phone and getting it out of the way could be good for you as you could end up waiting a long time for another date.

I would tryh and do this and if you get too distressed you could request an adjournment
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,936 Disability Gamechanger
    Three separate issues here:

1 - how much notice did you agree to on the appeal form?

2 - COVID-19 has resulted in the 14 day requirement being waived unless there’s good reason not to.

Your appeal will presumably have been on the go for some time si by this stage you should be fully prepped regardless. 

3 - if you were adjourned and advised to get a rep then have you done so and, if you’ve done so, have you notified HMCTS? If you were adjourned to get a rep and you’ve not then they will rightly go ahead. On the other have if you have a rep then you need to be talking to them about this rather than a forum.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @PML2020, just wanted to check in to see how you are doing. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.