I’ve been given a weeks notice for a Pip tribunal Phonecall — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I’ve been given a weeks notice for a Pip tribunal Phonecall

Options
PML2020
PML2020 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello,

I received a letter yesterday saying that I have to have a phone call tribunal next Tuesday.

My in person court time was adjourned because I had a meltdown, it was adjourned until I had legal representation because of the mess I was in.

i don’t understand why they are making me do a phone call and I am in bits.

what can I expect? What happens if I get too nervous and have a panic attack again? 

They said it’s because the coronavirus that I have to do this via phone.

sorry if some of this doesn’t make sense but I need help. My legal representative can’t do phone calls. 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,656 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome @PML2020, ATM they are only doing tele tribunals, it could be that you find it easier to deal with over the phone than in person?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @PML2020 and a warm welcome to the community. I'm sorry this has made you really anxious. Are you currently in lockdown with anyone else? It might help to have someone with you who can explain things if it gets too much. 

Please do let us know how you get on and if we can do anything else to help.
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome as advised phone tribunals are the only ones taking place at the moment.

Maybe you would find it easier over the phone and getting it out of the way could be good for you as you could end up waiting a long time for another date.

I would tryh and do this and if you get too distressed you could request an adjournment
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @PML2020, just wanted to check in to see how you are doing. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.