Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
PIP TRIBUNAL ADVICE FOR EVERYONE!
I just would like to start by saying I hope your all well and safe. I just wanted to give you all a update. A family friends son went to a tribunal ( before covid ) and said they made him feel so relaxed, he waited a good year. and won !!!! he got just over 10K!! about 4 weeks later they paid they money into his account. and he was awarded it for 5 years, enhanced for both parts. the DWP can appeal it ..... but from knowing people that work for the DWP 9/10 they don’t bother. but can’t promise you that will be the case for you. and just to make it clear I’m not saying you will win your case , just sharing his story. from knowing a DWP decision maker ( he retired last year ). he said they go off what the report says they get back. but he also said they prefer it not going to tribunal as if they win we have to pay them backdated pay which could be a lot of money! my advice to anyone is be clear , about your problems. And be honest. obviously with covid going on it’s all telephone assessments.
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 705 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.