PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Tribunal awarded pip end during covid

jada86jada86 Member Posts: 4 Listener
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi I was awarded pip via tribunal that has now ended last month. I sent back my new claim form in January I have now been told there is a big delay with getting a telephone interview with them which is understandable. At the start of the pandemic the government advised that anyone with a claim due to end would be extended, i received a pip payment 3 weeks ago for a lesser amount. I called them and they said that my pip had stopped because I was awarded by tribunal so I wouldn’t be getting extended payments. A week or so later I received another payment from them taking me back up to the usual amount I am paid. I’m wondering if anyone else is in this situation and knows any more than me about what is going to happen now and will payments be extended or not?

Many thanks 

Replies

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,995 Disability Gamechanger
    There’s a fair but of outrage about this as despite statements in parliament ot dies appear that PIP awarded at tribunal isn’t being extended. On the other hand January ought to have been enough time to have your decision done and dusted so you’d have grounds for complaint. In the meantime it sounds like you’ve been processed and reviewed but the letter hasn’t come out yet. A quick phone call should clarify where it’s up to. 
  • jada86jada86 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    @mikehughescq Thank you for your reply.  I’ve since had another payment on my usual date but no letter with an explanation of what is happening, I’m guessing that is a good sign. My anxiety goes through the roof making calls to anyone official so I’ll wait to see what happens. 
  • steve51steve51 Member Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jada86

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

I have got a senior member who will be at to offer you some help with your “pip”

Hi @Adrian_Scope

Can you please help me with this pip question from a new member???

Many thanks.

@steve51
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,953

Scope community team

Hello @jada86. Have you had any letters or explanation from them yet? I hope it's all been resolved. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
Sign in or join us to comment.