Tribunal awarded pip end during covid — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal awarded pip end during covid

Options
jada86
jada86 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I was awarded pip via tribunal that has now ended last month. I sent back my new claim form in January I have now been told there is a big delay with getting a telephone interview with them which is understandable. At the start of the pandemic the government advised that anyone with a claim due to end would be extended, i received a pip payment 3 weeks ago for a lesser amount. I called them and they said that my pip had stopped because I was awarded by tribunal so I wouldn’t be getting extended payments. A week or so later I received another payment from them taking me back up to the usual amount I am paid. I’m wondering if anyone else is in this situation and knows any more than me about what is going to happen now and will payments be extended or not?

Many thanks 

Comments

• jada86
    jada86 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Options
    @Username_removed Thank you for your reply.  I’ve since had another payment on my usual date but no letter with an explanation of what is happening, I’m guessing that is a good sign. My anxiety goes through the roof making calls to anyone official so I’ll wait to see what happens. 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jada86

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

I have got a senior member who will be at to offer you some help with your “pip”

Hi @Adrian_Scope

Can you please help me with this pip question from a new member???

Many thanks.

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @jada86. Have you had any letters or explanation from them yet? I hope it's all been resolved. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.