Would I be able to claim PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would I be able to claim PIP?

Options
shonah
shonah Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi im new .nice to join .....just wondering im working 21 hrs i suffer with severe  lymphadema  to my left arm due to breast cancer and my left side lymphatic system has been affected,when i  finish work  i can just about walk  home where my foot is so swollen,i do struggle with my job due to a lot of pain.would i be able to claim pip.i am in receipt of not a lot of UC but i find myself struggling a lot .....

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @shonah - Welcome to the community. & thank you for joining. I'm sorry to read about your health issues & the pain you get whilst working. As regards PIP, it's about how your disability affects you in relation to many activities of daily living &/or mobility. So not about your diagnosis, but how this impairs your function.
    And here's some info about the activities/descriptors, which also shows where points may be gained. See: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Scores-for-PIP-Descriptors-2020.pdf
    Have you discussed with your employer ways of reducing your pain levels at work? I hope they may be able to help, & also let us all know if we can help in any other way too. :)

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello, pip is a benefit to help you with your daily living activities and mobility issues, it’s not awarded on a disability or diagnosis or illnesses that your currently living with. Your best bet is to take a self test of pip and be honest with yourself as you answer the questions about your abilities and capabilities in preforming each of the descriptors because should you apply your answers submitted in your application form will have to be justified at your assessment.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome , I see you have been given lots of useful information in order to help you decide if you would be eligible for PIP.

nICE YOU HAVE JOINED US AND LOOK GORWARD TO SEEING YOU AROUND 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.