Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Making new friends
Hi, I'm new to this group. I'm 44 years of age and would like to make new friends. I moved many times when I lived with my parents and have now settled in a large City. I walk with crutches and I like to keep fit, working out at the gym, swimming and canoeing. I usually go on an activity holiday in the Lake District which I absolutely love but unfortunately isn't on this year. I recently joined an art group, I volunteer at a City farm and I enjoy going to ice hockey. My main interest is sport but I'm also interested in conservation issues and animal preservation.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.