Questions regarding PIP application - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Questions regarding PIP application

Options
2»

Comments

• pipdepression
    pipdepression Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @pipdepression - Normally you have 1 month from the date on the letter you would have received with your claim form. I was thinking that, as you were waiting for some medical evidence, you could ask for an extension, which would be for a further 2 weeks.
    Just remembered when I saw your last query, that, due to Covid-19, you now have 90 days from the day you rang to start your claim. Your claim form needs to get back to the DWP within that timeframe. I don't know if you received a letter mentioning you now have this 90 days, as I don't know if any were routinely sent out.
    If you don't return in 90 days, you would need to ring up & claim again. :(

Ok thanks very much. 
  • pipdepression
    Options
    They said I have a telephone assessment. But how can they see how messed up I am without seeing how I behave in person?
  • pipdepression
    Options
    Can anyone help me? I had a telephone assessment but I couldn't physically talk or answer questions. I needed someone to talk for me but I was by myself. So I couldn't answer any questions and the assessment went awful. I can't verbalize what's in my head so the phone assessment was pointless.
  • pipdepression
    Options
    Await the outcome before you jump to any conclusions about how it went. At present there is nothing to help with. 
    But I couldn't talk during the assessment. I needed someone to help me to tell them what's wrong but I was by myself. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @pipdepression. I'm sorry you feel your assessment went so badly. As Mikehughescq said, it's important not to overthink it. It's pretty common to feel the assessment went badly but until you receive a decision there's no way to know.

If you wait around around a week you can request a copy of the assessment report which may give you some indication of how it went.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.