Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

ESA for National Insurance top up, unable to work with Fibromyalgia

Hi, I am 57 and have suffered with Fibromyalgia for approx 15 years, but have managed to do full and part time work, until recently when I had to resign from my well paid job. I could no longer manage the stress  and my pain, depression and anxiety prevented me from concentrating properly, so I started to make mistakes. Rather than try to understand my situation, my new manager decided to put me on Capability procedures, which just made it work. Therefore, as there was no other work the company were willing to employ me in, I resigned. Rather than work my 3 months notice, which I was more than happy to do, they paid me off with one week's notice without reason,  which felt like a kick in the teeth for all the hard work I had done over the last 3 years. 

My question is, can I claim ESA or NI top ups only, as I have a military pension and do not need think I am eligible for income support payments?


Sign in or join us to comment.