PIP Appeal delays — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal delays

ruby2017
ruby2017 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, any advice would be appreciated. Have been on a PIP Appeal list for 57 weeks today. I contacted the service who managed to get a judge to reply with an official Directions Notice . Advised that a paper hearing could be requested to speed up the process but to do so would mean that I would forfeit a 'set aside' notice ?? Anyway I requested the paper hearing but I seem to have now hit a brick wall despite of this .
Judge made no mention of the issues surrounding the Covid 19 further delays on the Direction Notice. Considering the case was excessively late prior to this then couldn't really use that to excuse it.
Aside from the  questionable warning about the set aside implication, is there a Parliamentary Disability Committee member email address that would look at my case ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ruby2017 Welcome on board, I empathise with your frustration but this is a typical waiting time for tribunal even before lockdown, lots of people wait in excess of 12 months for an appeal mine was 14 months.

It isn't ideal but unfortunately it is normal and I would imagine there is an even longer wait time.

I do not have an email address for you but maybe other members may have 

• ruby2017
    ruby2017 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Autistic son was 16 when I applied for him and he will be 19 in a few weeks time. Just seems quite an excessive length of time to have to wait in any case 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.