Hi, my name is phillycollings29! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is phillycollings29!

Options
2»

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @phillycollings29. I'm sorry you're feeling so low at the moment. I noticed the email you sent us in the community inbox and I've got back to you, but I just wanted to see how you're feeling today? :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • phillycollings29
    phillycollings29 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks @ Adrian_Scope

Have had a long consultation with my Gp and am going back to some talking therapy sessions.  It is good of you to ask.
  • phillycollings29
    Options
    Hello @steve51
    Thank you for your suggestion.  It might be a good idea at least in the early stages?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @phillycollings29 - It sounds like you have a very supportive GP, & I hope it's not too long before you can get some more talking therapy. I just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you.
    Have you done your finishing touches to your lighthouse? I hope you've had some time in your allotment, as the weather hasn't been too bad here the past couple of days. I've often wondered about origami, & your examples are quite something.....so where does a person begin, & is the paper expensive? :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @phillycollings29

No probs I am very happy in helping/supporting you with what you are happy with.

Please please let me let me know ?????

@steve51
  • phillycollings29
    Options
    Hi @chiarieds it is nice to know you are thinking of me and I do appreciate it.

Not quite finished the lighthouse and if you would like to know about origami I can help.  You can use any paper you have got - newspaper, magazines, plain coloured or white.  You do need a lot of patience.  :)
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Hi @phillycollings29 - origami is something I've always fancied trying, but never got around to it. I didn't realise you could use any paper, & have got quite a lot of computer A4 sized paper. I rarely need to print anything now; it's more my son & daughter-in-law need to print stuff out occasionally, & he hasn't got a printer. I'm very patient, so it seems like that will help! I would like to know more, thank you. I hope you've had a better day. :)
  • phillycollings29
    Options
    Hi @chiarieds

I am really chuffed you would like to have a go at some 3d origami.

How about trying it out then.  We could both make a very simple ring.  To start with would you be able to cut out a few 10cm by 6cm pieces using your A4 computer paper?  Then we can start the folding bit.   Yes a better day thank you - easy steps :)
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Great to read you've had a better day @phillycollings29 . I'll get the paper cut up ready tomorrow. I appreciate your help with this. Thank you again. I'm really interested to try :)
  • phillycollings29
    Options
    Hi @chiarieds
    Here is the first few steps.  Let me know how you get on.
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Hi @phillycollings29 - I hope you are keeping well. I've had a poor day; my joints need oiling I think, they don't like the change in pressure & the damp! However, I have followed your great instructions, so I've got the paper all folded now. :)
  • phillycollings29
    Options
    Hi @chiarieds - yes the weather has a lot to answer for doesn't it.  Stay cosy!  Would you like the next lot of instructions? 
    Will send them on anyway.  Sometimes in this weather my fingers ache so I do other things in amongst the folding.  See how you get on :)
  • phillycollings29
    Options
    Hello @chiarieds
    How are you doing today.  It seems to be extra damp!!!

I am sending the rest of the instructions to you because I am hoping they make you smile.  Folding and making is not the important bit - obviously a bit of a bonus if you want to make something lol. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.