Hi, my name is phillycollings29! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is phillycollings29!

Options
2»

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @phillycollings29. I'm sorry you're feeling so low at the moment. I noticed the email you sent us in the community inbox and I've got back to you, but I just wanted to see how you're feeling today? :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • phillycollings29
    phillycollings29 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks @ Adrian_Scope

Have had a long consultation with my Gp and am going back to some talking therapy sessions.  It is good of you to ask.
  • phillycollings29
    Options
    Hello @steve51
    Thank you for your suggestion.  It might be a good idea at least in the early stages?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @phillycollings29 - It sounds like you have a very supportive GP, & I hope it's not too long before you can get some more talking therapy. I just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you.
    Have you done your finishing touches to your lighthouse? I hope you've had some time in your allotment, as the weather hasn't been too bad here the past couple of days. I've often wondered about origami, & your examples are quite something.....so where does a person begin, & is the paper expensive? :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @phillycollings29

No probs I am very happy in helping/supporting you with what you are happy with.

Please please let me let me know ?????

@steve51
  • phillycollings29
    Options
    Hi @chiarieds it is nice to know you are thinking of me and I do appreciate it.

Not quite finished the lighthouse and if you would like to know about origami I can help.  You can use any paper you have got - newspaper, magazines, plain coloured or white.  You do need a lot of patience.  :)
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Hi @phillycollings29 - origami is something I've always fancied trying, but never got around to it. I didn't realise you could use any paper, & have got quite a lot of computer A4 sized paper. I rarely need to print anything now; it's more my son & daughter-in-law need to print stuff out occasionally, & he hasn't got a printer. I'm very patient, so it seems like that will help! I would like to know more, thank you. I hope you've had a better day. :)
  • phillycollings29
    Options
    Hi @chiarieds

I am really chuffed you would like to have a go at some 3d origami.

How about trying it out then.  We could both make a very simple ring.  To start with would you be able to cut out a few 10cm by 6cm pieces using your A4 computer paper?  Then we can start the folding bit.   Yes a better day thank you - easy steps :)
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Great to read you've had a better day @phillycollings29 . I'll get the paper cut up ready tomorrow. I appreciate your help with this. Thank you again. I'm really interested to try :)
  • phillycollings29
    Options
    Hi @chiarieds
    Here is the first few steps.  Let me know how you get on.
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Hi @phillycollings29 - I hope you are keeping well. I've had a poor day; my joints need oiling I think, they don't like the change in pressure & the damp! However, I have followed your great instructions, so I've got the paper all folded now. :)
  • phillycollings29
    Options
    Hi @chiarieds - yes the weather has a lot to answer for doesn't it.  Stay cosy!  Would you like the next lot of instructions? 
    Will send them on anyway.  Sometimes in this weather my fingers ache so I do other things in amongst the folding.  See how you get on :)
  • phillycollings29
    Options
    Hello @chiarieds
    How are you doing today.  It seems to be extra damp!!!

I am sending the rest of the instructions to you because I am hoping they make you smile.  Folding and making is not the important bit - obviously a bit of a bonus if you want to make something lol. :)

Brightness