Why did they give it to me in the first place? - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why did they give it to me in the first place?

Options
124»

Comments

• parko
    parko Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    Options

HIGHLAND LEAGUE

• parko
    Options
    Local cab office are helping me to do mandatory reconsideration

• parko
    Options
    parko said:

HIGHLAND LEAGUE sorry not sure why thats happend

• parko
    Options
    Hi just over 2 years since this started . Got a letter back about mandatory reconsideration . There said it was an error on there side . But i should have picked it up myself. There have reduced it a wee bit but still want me to pay the rest back . When i put this in. The cab office said if i get a letter like this we will take it to the next level . i will wait for monday when its open . not sure what the next stage is
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2022
    Options
    park said: "The cab office said if i get a letter like this we will take it to the next level . i will wait for monday when its open . not sure what the next stage is".
    They can help you appeal to the tribunal service.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • parko
    Options
    The cab office are puting in appeal that i should not pay back  the amount of money
  • parko
    Options
    Hi am back ,i had carers allowance appeal today . The day i have covid, i got a email off them tonight saying , The tribunalhas decided to adjourn the hearing. T he decision notice explains why the tribunal were unableto decide the appeal,
    decided There want one to one with me members of the tribunal are excluded from future involmentin the appeal. The appeal was adjouned this is in the interest of justiceto do so
    ITt says that a presenting officer is to attend the next hearing, What does that mean not to sure what i make of this . Also what are there going to ask me
  • parko
    Options
    Hi still no news , comeing up to 3 years now
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This sounds really difficult @parko. Would anything, in particular, help this to be more manageable for you at the moment?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • parko
    Options
    just what the outcome is thanks for your help
  • parko
    Options
    still nothing a few personel problems have came up now .when will it all stop
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds like one thing after another for you at the moment @parko. These times are always really difficult and as you say make us question when it will all stop.

Would you like to talk to us about the problems you have had come up for you? We are all here for you and listening to you if we can do anything to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • parko
    Options
    got a letter today saying my tribunal is 2 feb . there want me to attend not sure what will happen
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope it goes well @parko :) Best of luck!

You might find it helpful to read through Carers UK's guide to challenging a benefits decision.
    1. The tribunal will send you a letter telling you where and when your hearing will take place. Report to reception when you get to the venue so they know you have arrived. 
    2. Before the day of the hearing you will be sent a full copy of all the letters and paperwork that has gone back and forth between you and the DWP/DfC since you first made the claim. This will also contain your claim form, any medical assessment reports and details of any telephone correspondence.
    3. The Tribunal Service/The Appeals Service (TAS) will also receive a full copy of all this paperwork. You should take this with you on the day in case you wish to refer to it.  
    4. If you cannot find representation for the hearing, then you should try not to worry, as the Tribunal Service/TAS has been designed to accommodate this and they do not expect you to be legally trained or have knowledge of the law relating to your benefit. However it can help to be well prepared and comfortable about what to expect on the day.
    5. The hearing will last around 30 to 40 minutes and will based on the facts of your claim. Members of the panel will ask questions to try and understand your condition. Make sure you take your time to answer the questions fully and give practical examples of how you meet the benefit criteria. You may also wish to bring along a friend or family member for emotional support. With the permission of the judge they may be able to prompt you if you forget to mention things. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • parko
    Options
    well after nearly 3 years my my tribunal is tomorrow
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Best of luck @parko update us when you can, and I hope you get the outcome you're looking for! :)  
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,329 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @parko

Good luck for tomorrow it’s been a long time coming.
    I hope it goes well for you.

Take care ❤️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.