PIP UPDATE — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP UPDATE

Options
samfits99
samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
I am not sure on names who keeps asking the same questions but I’ve made it a lot easier for yourself as I made the query today with DWP PIP on the phone.

someone asked on here can you get your PIP2 Copy ( original) one that you filled out when you first claimed and the answer is Yes Yes Yes!!! irrespective of how many years ago it was. I have also requested a copy from 3 years ago and they even said they have it all and even my signature so your fine. I also requested a copy of the HCR as well. 

so if you want to request it you can. even 3 years ago! they said I should have it latest Saturday so I’m happy. 

The lady Jane was lovely. She even said it’s handy having it as you can use that against your new one so you no what you have put ect ect. she even said it’s a good way of being awarded it again assuming things haven’t changed worse or good. but can’t say for certain. 

She was lovely. so if your worried that you don’t have copies and people say you can request it as it’s a few years old ignore them! as you can. mine was like 50 pages long! she said I will print them off now and send them to you. I would be due my review letter in September but she said I’m looking more like November / December now. 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @samfits99 many thanks for that clarification and for taking the time to get it from the DWP.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,609 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I think I assumed you couldn't get it! That is really good to know! Thanks! I will bear that in mind when I next have to do the forms. One thing, it is worth bearing in mind that your condition may well have changed, for better or worse. It is worth making sure that what you write is fresh and relevant to how you are coping today, not just a copy of the last forms. That said there is no reason not to use it for some guidance!
  • samfits99
    Options
    @woodbine your welcome. always handy to no that you can still request it even if it’s a few years old. 
  • samfits99
    Options
    @66Mustang least you no now. if your condition has gone worse you have a legal obligation to inform the DWP. but that’s your choice if you want to do it or not. they do say it it’s got worse let them no. but I wouldn’t atm as it could affect your payments but that’s your choice. I would wait till you get your review forms. good question. if nothing has changed just make it clear and effectively say what you did in your PIP2 form. but I would add as much in as you can. if it’s your review treat it like a fresh claim. the more information the better.! but don’t go too overboard as they might not read it all. get straight to the facts. also look where you will gain your points and compare them to what you got your points for ect ect. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know we do get a lot of queries asking about getting a copy of the report when renewals are pending 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.