Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Partener moving in

faydharfaydhar Member Posts: 58 Connected
edited June 2020 in Universal Credit
Hi all.  How does moving in  with a partener work if you both  receive  universal  credit  . I know your claims  join together  but  do you have to wait the 5 weeks all over again  or do  you keep the same  payment date of the person who changed their circumstances  first  . 

Replies

• Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 7,123 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @faydhar I am unsure so I will tag @Adrian_Scope who will hopefully be able to help :)
    Community Champion
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,220 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @faydhar Welcome to the community it is great to have you on board. I am not sure of the answer to your query and hopefully somebody can answer.

I have a feeling it will be classed as a new claim so it is possible you may have the wait but I am no expert 
  • faydharfaydhar Member Posts: 58 Connected
    I have had a few people say  inwont have to wait another 5 weeks  for payment and that you do keep your payment date  as it's just classed as a change of circumstances   I know you get a code  to join the two accounts together . It's just  wanting to be sure so I can prepare 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,919 Scope community team
    edited June 2020
    Hi @faydhar. Sorry I missed the tags to your question.
    It isn't actually relevant who makes the change first, it depends on whose assessment period ends soonest after you make the change. 
    If you can tell me both of your assessment period dates and the date you're planning to move in together, I can help work out your new AP and what date you'll receive your joint payment. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
  • faydharfaydhar Member Posts: 58 Connected
    @Adrian_Scope hi its  sorted now  it seems they have taken my payment date which is next week so looks.like  it just Carrie's on thankfully 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,919 Scope community team
    Hi @faydhar. It definitely just carries on, yes. It takes whoever's payment day is closest when you join claims (as long as the AP hasn't ended) and makes that your new joint pay date. 
    I'm glad you've gotten it sorted. :) 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
Sign in or join us to comment.