Partener moving in — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Partener moving in

faydhar
faydhar Community member Posts: 63 Connected
edited June 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all.  How does moving in  with a partener work if you both  receive  universal  credit  . I know your claims  join together  but  do you have to wait the 5 weeks all over again  or do  you keep the same  payment date of the person who changed their circumstances  first  . 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @faydhar I am unsure so I will tag @Adrian_Scope who will hopefully be able to help :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @faydhar Welcome to the community it is great to have you on board. I am not sure of the answer to your query and hopefully somebody can answer.

I have a feeling it will be classed as a new claim so it is possible you may have the wait but I am no expert 
  • faydhar
    I have had a few people say  inwont have to wait another 5 weeks  for payment and that you do keep your payment date  as it's just classed as a change of circumstances   I know you get a code  to join the two accounts together . It's just  wanting to be sure so I can prepare 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited June 2020
    Hi @faydhar. Sorry I missed the tags to your question.
    It isn't actually relevant who makes the change first, it depends on whose assessment period ends soonest after you make the change. 
    If you can tell me both of your assessment period dates and the date you're planning to move in together, I can help work out your new AP and what date you'll receive your joint payment. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • faydhar
    @Adrian_Scope hi its  sorted now  it seems they have taken my payment date which is next week so looks.like  it just Carrie's on thankfully 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @faydhar. It definitely just carries on, yes. It takes whoever's payment day is closest when you join claims (as long as the AP hasn't ended) and makes that your new joint pay date. 
    I'm glad you've gotten it sorted. :) 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.