Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Trying for another baby
Hello, my little girl is nearly 3 she been through so much in her little life from having a difficult birth and then when she was 4 weeks old started having infantile spasms but these were misdiagnosed for nearly 5 months, when she turned 2 she had an MRI which shows she has brain damage in the basal ganglia part of the brain, she has global developmental delay with an unknown neurological condition that the doctors have never seen before and can’t tell us what has caused it and they say we may never find out. She’s had some genetic tests done and so far everything has come back normal they still want to do a little more testing but me and my partner want to give her a sibling, I did miscarry at just 5 weeks about 2 months ago but with my daughter it was such a good pregnancy throughout. I just want some advice from other parents who may have gone through the same thing about going on to have other children it would really help, thank you ?
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.