Shielded & out of work, need direction — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Shielded & out of work, need direction

The user and all related content has been deleted.


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 12,951 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @84n3nqE4 Welcomer to the community great to have you here, I am no expert on benefits and with your case being a bit more complex I would advise you get to benefits advise from C AB or Welfare rights.

    There may be other members that can giver you more information
    I have professional experience in HR within public,  private, and charity sectors.  If I can help I will 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,193

    Scope community team

    Hello @84n3nqE4 and welcome to the community. :)

    Universal Credit is income-related so your partner's wages will be used in calculating whether you'd be entitled to UC and your household situation (whether you rent or own, any children, etc) all impact eligibility. 

    There's also NS ESA and NS JSA that could be an option for you. These are contribution-based so eligibility depends on whether you've paid enough National Insurance over the past 2 tax years. 

    It may be worth you speaking to Citizen's Advice to see if they can do a full benefits check with you and explore the different options. You can find your local Citizen's Advice and similar agencies by putting your postcode in at AdviceLocal
    Community Manager

    Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.