Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Many PIP questions
I am new to all this and haven’t even managed to get the PIP form to fill in yet. My friend aged 65 and pre pension age has had a stroke and lost his language skills. He is now out of hospital and getting carers 4 times a day to help him. He is too young for attendance allowance but is entitled to PIP support I think. As the process of applying requires speaking on the phone he will need to fill in the forms. I sent for the forms by post over 3 weeks ago. They have still not come. His claim starts when the forms are returned. Can this be right? All views sought. Am I in for a long haul? Is this just the start of a ridiculously complicated process? Why are the forms not downloadable? Has anyone had the same problem?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 926 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.