Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder, daughter, aged 13
Hi, my daughter was diagnosed with joint hypermobility syndrome at four days old. Since 2015, her symptoms have manifested significantly, the main one being at present chronic pain all over her body. She is seeing an NHS paediatrician and has had a number of tests. She is also seeing a osteopath who trained with Dr Alan Hakim, consultant in rheumatology. We are members of HMSA and I have recently ordered Claire Smith's book, Understanding Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder. I would hugely appreciate if anyone has any further advice in how they manage on a day to day basis.
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 697 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 748 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.