PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP process for post surgery bilateral talipes

WadeyyWadeyy Member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi guys, i was born with bilateral talipes (club foot) in both feet, had numerous operations to correct them. told i would never be a football player all that stuff.

im 28 and for past 3-4 years the pain in my feet ankles legs and knees is getting worse and constant and getting more chronic, it’s worse at night and morning. left ankle swells all the time after walking. right ankle doesn’t move around like a normal persons ankle.

i am 4 months into physiotherapy, told to use crutches which they’ve supplied and been told to ring GP to get referred to a Orthopaedic. i’m considering applying for PIP motability to assist me further and help me.

is it a hard process and what’s the likability of me getting it? 

thank you

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,707 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Wadeyy and welcome to scope, firstly you apply for PIP not just one part of it, remember that PIP is for help with your care and/or mobility needs and its not based on a condition, you should search the internet for "pip descriptors" which will help you decide if you might qualify, if you do apply any evidence i.e letters from consultants etc that are relevant will help. Its not the easiest process but its quite doable, as to the likelyhood of you getting it thats a question non of us can answer.
    You might want to try and get help from CAB or welfare rights, if there is anything we can clarify just ask.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • WadeyyWadeyy Member Posts: 3 Listener
    thank you for your help, have a good evening :)
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,068 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome as woodbine has said PIP isn't about a condition or diagnosis it is about how your daily living is affected by your condition things kike, preparing food, bathing, dressing, eating, communication, and mobility.

It isn't always an easy process but depends on the information you give in the application and supporting evidence

As suggested go through the descriptors and see if you think you would score any points against them
  • WadeyyWadeyy Member Posts: 3 Listener
    thank you both of you.

only issues i have is walking, i am in so much pain after, like i’ve been to a friends today. hardly done anything just walk in and from the garden there and i’m sat down right now and the pain that’s in my feet is unbearable.

i can’t walk very much without having to sit down.

its quite scary as i am only 28. i’ve been referred to the orthopaedics. :)
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,068 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you get some joy at the orthopedics.  I'm not sure if it will be worth you applying for Pip but you may qualify for mobility part depends how far you can walk how long it takes you and how often you can repeat it 
Sign in or join us to comment.