Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Michaela!
Some people may think I don’t class as having a disability, because they can’t see it. But believe me, my daily life has changed dramatically since my diagnosis.
I have battled with my mental health since I was 9 years old, which is when I was first admitted to hospital with it. After years of battles with doctors and counsellors I was finally given a diagnosis at the age of 19.
I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Highly medicated for it, can’t even hold down a job. Which is unfortunate as I qualified as a support worker at the age of 16. I loved nursing, what I would give to be able to go back.
I’ve tried my hardest to live a happy normal life, I’m married, have 2 daughters, a dog and 2 cats. My husband is my full time carer. I take my hat off to him to be able to do it, as on my worst days I fly off the handles. I know I wouldn’t be able to do it.
Anyway, enough about me for now. Just thought I would say hello and introduce myself
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.