Please help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Please help

Options
lauren987
lauren987 Community member Posts: 49 Connected
My esa payment due has not been paid. I won my pip tribunal and updated esa last wednesday about it so i can get premium but my normal money payment has not gone in my bank from esa. Im with barclays and always get monday payments saturday

Comments

• serenity2
    serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
    edited July 2020
    Options
    hi @lauren987
    Congratulations on the success at the tribunal with PIP.
    not sure why your ESA has not gone into your bank. Unless any other members here mention problems with payments this weekend ...sometimes does happen 
    how irritating it’s a Saturday and you can’t call DWP.
    maybe an error on their part due to your recent call, I think unless it goes in over the weekend at some stage, id give them a call Monday to ask.  :/ realise your frustration and anxiety ..
    I hope you can get it sorted out, and it sounds like you will be able to..
    It may well go in Monday as that is the day for payment , even though you usually receive it Saturday ..do hope so ,

:)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My ESA day changed when I received SDP for the first time.  I'd give it a few more days myself.  :)
  • lauren987
    Options
    @serenity2 @OverlyAnxious thanks, yeah i had to trade my nintendo lite in cex to cover costs which is a p take, i got bills to pay and im even more anxious despite it being released that i wont get my pip backpay tues. Its annoying having dwp closed on weekends as last weekend for about 4 days i was unwell with stress over my pip but now im gunna have a stressful weekend not knowing if im gunna get my money or not ? i have severe anxiety and ocd and complex ptsd and these kind of situations trigger it and i cant eat properly, think, my ocd gets worse. But ive been taking double my doses of meds to try keep me calm and to get through to monday without losing my mind. Im hoping its an error and they can pay me monday
  • lauren987
    Options
    @OverlyAnxious how long did it take you to get premium from esa? They are quicker than pip
  • serenity2
    serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
    Options
    @lauren987
    yes these things are so anxiety ridden to us for absolute sure  :/ I can be just like you over things like that too....
    I do my best to distract it’s not always easy though , I know, Monday soon be here ...and I bet it’s something that will be sorted out ....we lose so much time worrying, 
    and often things are all ok....oh I totally understand you ! 
     :)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    lauren987 said:
    @OverlyAnxious how long did it take you to get premium from esa? They are quicker than pip
    Yeah, it was much quicker than PIP.  It was a couple of weeks for me, but only because I'd just been paid ESA so had to wait until the next payment was due.  PIP is only paid every 4 weeks which is why that can take longer.  I wasn't absolutely desperate for mine though, sorry to hear you've had to trade in stuff just to get by.

PIP and ESA come from different departments, so your PIP date should still be the one that has already been stated.  I would say 'don't worry about it' but I know that's not in any way helpful lol! 
  • lauren987
    Options
    @OverlyAnxious luckily im due 18k in total after i get premium backpay too so i can just buy another but this weekend i had stuff i couldnt get out of paying ? annoying lol

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.