Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Work won't acknowledge my disability and won't make reasonable adjustments
Hello all , I am 23 now and was diagnosed as a child with EDS I have a couple of different types, currently I am awaiting another MRI scan on my shoulder that dislocates daily, I've already had one shoulder operated on when I was 18, in am wondering if any of you know if EDS is classed as a disability, I am having so many issues with my work at the moment as I've had severe pain and on painkillers daily, they are refusing to acknowledge my condition as a disability and have been reluctant to make any reasonable adjustments for me. I'm just unsure what support I have available and what I should be saying and doing in this awful situation.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 752 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.