Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Working from home or working in an office (for wheelchair users)
My name is Holly and I am currently working on a project for a well-known recruitment company. We are trying to raise awareness of the problems, challenges and issues that wheelchair users face when travelling to and working in and an office. We aim to try a convince companies to allow working remotely at all times not just during the pandemic.
I'd love to hear any experiences, stories or problems you have faced when travelling to or working in an office. Any insights would be really helpful and will be useful in our mission to make the workplace more friendly and accessible for wheelchair users.
All information will be kept anonymous and will not be used anywhere it is just to help me understand the problems better. If you do not feel comfortable replying on such a public forum my email is below so message me anytime.
Thank you so much again
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 938 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.