Working from home or working in an office (for wheelchair users) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Working from home or working in an office (for wheelchair users)

Options
Hol93
Hol93 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi All,

My name is Holly and I am currently working on a project for a well-known recruitment company. We are trying to raise awareness of the problems, challenges and issues that wheelchair users face when travelling to and working in and an office. We aim to try a convince companies to allow working remotely at all times not just during the pandemic. 

I'd love to hear any experiences, stories or problems you have faced when travelling to or working in an office. Any insights would be really helpful and will be useful in our mission to make the workplace more friendly and accessible for wheelchair users.

All information will be kept anonymous and will not be used anywhere it is just to help me understand the problems better. If you do not feel comfortable replying on such a public forum my email is below so message me anytime.

Thank you so much again 
Best 
Holly 

hollypg@msn.com

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Events, research and opportunities board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.

Scope

• Hol93
    Hol93 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi All,

My name is Holly and I am currently working on a project for a well-known recruitment company. We are trying to raise awareness of the problems, challenges and issues that wheelchair users face when travelling to and working in and an office. We aim to try a convince companies to allow working remotely at all times not just during the pandemic. 

I'd love to hear any experiences, stories or problems you have faced when travelling to or working in an office. Any insights would be really helpful and will be useful in our mission to make the workplace more friendly and accessible for wheelchair users.

All information will be kept anonymous and will not be used anywhere it is just to help me understand the problems better. If you do not feel comfortable replying on such a public forum my email is below so message me anytime.

Thank you so much again 
    Best 
    Holly 

hollypg@msn.com
  • AnneColeman
    AnneColeman Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Where can I send my story?

• AnneColeman
    AnneColeman Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Where can I send my story?

Hello everyone! I work as a programmer for one company. In my opinion, working in an office is much more convenient. Moreover, our company rents a comfortable office. On the site [Removed by moderator - advertising link], we chose an office in a location that is convenient for most employees to get to. I like working in the office because there is a team. Everyone around is working and productivity is increasing. At home I am often too lazy to do something and it is difficult to force myself. And in the working atmosphere, inspiration appears.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @AnneColeman :) Welcome to the community.

I've removed the link from your comment, as it appeared to be an advertisement for office space. We don't allow advertisements to be posted on the community, as is stated in our house rules
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Options
    i had to finish work because I was unable to sit in my wheelchair for long periods of time, I have had issues with pressure ulcers and i need to lie down for periods of the day, working from home would be have been ideal at the time but it wasn't really a thing back then 

I have subsequently been on benefits since then and whilst i like the idea of working from home in some way the security benefits provide and the difficulties getting the back should it not work out deter me
  • bestblackfriday
    bestblackfriday Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    That's really a good initiative taken towards the handicraft people. Sure I will send you some stories related to such issues. Thank you coming forward and think to help such people. 

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.