Any help will be appreciated — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any help will be appreciated

Options
sparks69
sparks69 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have my tribunal soon. 
Just looking for any support and advice. 
I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. I still work. But that’s about all I do. Don’t want to stop working as it keeps me going. 
Struggling with pain and exhaustion 24/7. 
Very nervous of the tribunal but trying not to let my anxiety get the better of me. 

Thank you

sue

Comments

• serenity2
    serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
    Options
    hi @sparks69

sorry to hear of your struggles.
    i hope you have managed to get some support with the tribunal appointment, and it all goes well for you.
    anxiety over these sort of things can be awful...I hope you manage to keep it at bay, it can be difficult. I use distractions whenever possible...youtube meditations by Michael sealey help me, but I know it can be difficult.
    come here too whenever you need a chat, that can help.

i wish you a successful tribunal !

:)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • lulu1949
    lulu1949 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    Options
    Bless you, keep calm, not as bad as you think, clerk rings you first to put you at ease. Try not to stress. Just answer the questions they ask and stick to what you say first time if they ask you over and over.good  luck xx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome

In preparation go through your bundle and prepare detailing which descriptors you think you should have scored more for any why, give real examples of what happens when you try and do that task, Make sure you have covered everything with their questions and if not add any missing information at the end when they ask you 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @sparks69 good luck with your tribunal, remember things are often better than we think they’re going to be.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Best of luck with your tribunal @leeCal. Just take your time and answer as thoroughly as you can. 
    They may not ask but if it comes up, be sure to explain the impact working has on you and what (if any) adjustments are made to enable you to work to clear up any misunderstandings about it contradicting your reason for claiming. 
    Let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sparks69
    sparks69 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.