Parents, carers and disabled parents
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Trying to find a good care home in London - help please

AK99AK99 Member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi there,
I am trying to look for a good care home for my 34 year old brother in law. He is disabled and an epileptic. He has the personality of a 5 year old so can understand most things. My in-laws are now really old and finding it really difficult to look after him. Does anyone have any advice or recommendations on care homes for somebody like him? His epilpesy is generally well controlled but he has jerks and fits every few weeks. This is why we need help as when he has fits sometimes he can get a bit aggressive and as my inlaws are old they are at a risk of getting hurt. We have been googling to try find homes local to us - harrow - but can't seem to find anything. Any help would be amazing - appreciate any advice. We deeply care for him so only want to send him to somewhere where we know he will be well looked after - happy to pay for a better place too if needs be. Thanks in advance. 

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.