How easy it to finding a job being classed disabled — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How easy it to finding a job being classed disabled

Ashman83
Ashman83 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello, 
I have been classed as disabled for several years now following a heart attack, clots in lungs and leg and other ailments I remember when I tried to return to work and the interview was going well for a transfer from previous position til I disclosed my medical conditions and saw the managers face drop and unsurprising I did not get the transfer and new position. I've been out of work ever since as health has been declining over the years. I've decided to try again and see if things have changed and i'm doing research and wonder how everyone finds it applying for and obtaining a job while being classed as disabled. Is there any fears you have about being employed or how do you think you will at job interview? What kind of jobs would you like to have or see posted? Do you find it easy to find postings that include the vacancy being open to disabled applicants? What would you want/like from a site that's dedicated to supplying jobs for people with disabilities? I would gratefully appreciate all thoughts and feedback and thank you for ready this post, I hope you are all keeping safe in these uncertain times 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.