So my sister got a call from pip for me — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

So my sister got a call from pip for me

Options
josh72ebp
josh72ebp Community member Posts: 11 Connected
Hi 
So a bit of back story.
I applyed for pip they said no twice I put it to the court thing (tribunal). It's been almost 2 months since they had to reply and received no information.

Now my sister got a phone call from them (she is the person I was taking with me) they offered me the average rate after some new information from my doctor's.

I have no idea what's going on with this as everything was in limbo from the time they had to reply. 

Anyone have a idea why they phoned or or even if there is a reason?

Thanks
Josh

P.s. sorry if this is in wrong place. I have only been on here like twice since I made my account.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi this all sounds a bit strange and I would suggest you give them a call to ask what is going on.

Maybe they called your sister in error and were trying to make you an offer without it going to tribunal. What did your sister say in response to them ?

They do make calls to make an offer before tribunal this isnt unheard of but they should be contacting you unless your sister is yout appointee
  • josh72ebp
    Options
    It was making a offer turns out.they said they wanted to offer me average rate. But what's weird is I only made her the appointee for the tribunal I don't remember doing it for pip. And they where ment to reply to tribunal a month ago at least.
    Just a bundle of wee bits and pieces that just sounds weird to me.
    Like in my letter I said ask my doctor's doc in there reply they don't do it but now due to new information from my doctor they are offering me this.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,189 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I have no idea what the average rate is for PIP. There's 2 parts which are Standard and Enhanced for daily living and also mobility.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • josh72ebp
    Options
    Hi so here is a update.
    The person phoned before the timeframe agreed and asked my sister if I agreed to there offer.
    My sister said no because she thinks I should get more (for instance due to the way I worded some words I had 5 people threaten my life just 4 days ago if it wasn't for my mum help fix it I don't know what would happen)
    All of the above was told to the pip person.
    They told my sister if it does go they might take her advice and give me the normal rates or nothing at all and she needs to warn you and let you know about this.

And last but not least she is sending me all the files they based there decision out of and that's about it.
    And we should hear within a couple of days for something. She didn't say what.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.