Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is David Hiley! - I am permanently disabled from a stroke
My name is Judy Green and I am writing from Australia. My partner is a 63 year old British man who left the UK about 15 years ago.
He obtained New Zealand citizenship about 13 years ago , and whilst living in New Zealand, about 9 years ago he suffered a stroke which left him permanently disabled. He is now living in Australia for the past 5 years.
I am trying to find out if he qualifies for British PPI or other disability grants, I have exhausted all other avenues of finding out if he does qualify.
I really appreciate any assistance or advise you can offer.
Judy and Dave
- 55.4K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 844 Work and employment
- 601 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.4K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 709 Chronic pain and pain management
- 720 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments