Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

If I apply for a UC50 form !!!!!

ShemekShemek Member Posts: 1 Listener
If I apply for a UC50 form how long between filling it in and them receiving it will I receive any benefit payment.


  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome

    You cant apply for a UC50 form this is the form for a work capability assessment and you will be sent one after you have submitted a sick note for a period of 28 days or more and the referral is done by your work coach.

    If this is what you are enquiring about ? If so the process can take a long time as you need to complete and return the form with medical evidence , you will then have an assessment and then a decision made .

    You have to wait 3 assessment periods from submitting your first sick note to be eligible as well. But normally this time has passed in the time it takes to get a decision anyway. It could take several months

    Any further questions just ask
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    To add to the excellent advice already given by @janer1967 you will only receive the extra money in the 4th assessment period if you're assessed has having limited capability for work and work related activity (LCWRA) if it's just LCW there will be no extra money each month, if your claim started after April 2017.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Shemek! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. :)

Sign in or join us to comment.