Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
EHCP and provision refused by college
My daughter is 21 and starting a college course of further education in September. She has an EHCP that details all the help she needs. She has a learning difficulty that makes speech difficult to process, and several other health issues. But, the college says that they can't provide the support this year. I thought they had a duty to supply whatever is mentioned in the EHCP. Is that right? They provided the support in the past (this is her third year). Now I'm thinking that she won't be able to attend, and that is discrimination, isn't it? The college is in another Borough, so perhaps that is the issue? Should I contact my own Borough and ask them to send in the support? I'm very confused.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.